Visa information Questions & Answers

Do I need a study permit?
It depends on how long you will be studying.
Study period of less than 6 months:

You do not need a study permit if your period of study is six months or less. However, depending on your country of origin, you may need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (or 'Visitor visa') before arriving in Canada. For a list of countries whose citizens need a visa to visit Canada, see:

Study period of more than 6 months: 
If you are planning on studying for longer than six months, you must obtain a study permit before coming to Canada. 

Contact your local Canadian visa office for further application information. For a list of visa offices see:

Can you give me a letter of acceptance?
Yes. Once you have registered for your program and made a deposit on tuition, we will issue an official letter of acceptance. This letter must be included with your study permit application.
Please note that ABCE Language School Inc. has a new policy for students requiring an acceptance letter for visa purposes.
Students requiring an acceptance letter must pay the first and last month tuition before the acceptance letter will be issued. If a balance is still owed once the student arrives to start his/her studies, the student must pay month to month. This policy does not change ABCE's refund policy for students who are not granted a visa. Our policy regarding home stay arrangements is also not affected.

What documents must I bring when I arrive in Canada?  
• Passport 
• Letter from the Canadian Embassy approving the issue of
  your visa 
Letter of acceptance issued by ABCE Language School (for
  students who have received a study permit)

Can I extend my study permit (visa) once in Canada?
Yes. If you decided to extend your period of study, you can apply for a new study permit. You can apply directly within Canada and you do not need to leave the country.

Any other suggestions?
1.  Plan and apply early.
When applying for a study permit, submit
your application at least 2-3 months prior to departure.
Application times can vary depending on local Embassy
conditions and the time of year (August and December are
particularly busy). In addition, you may be required to take a
medical exam. Give yourself enough time.

2. Be thorough.;
Provide all the information and documents the Embassy
requests. If you miss something, your application will be sent back to you and this will cause further delays. In particular, make sure to include evidence of financial support. You must prove that you have sufficient funds to pay for your education and living expenses in Canada.

3.Reassure the visa officer during the interview.

t is very important to demonstrate that you will leave  Canada at the end of your studies and that you have no  interest to  stay. You can justify it with documents  identifying the contexts that require you to return to your country (ex : Employment, business, marriage, children,  properties, stable income, education... etc)

If you do it right the first time, you should be successful.